• Uses step-by-step, project based, tutorials designed for beginning or intermediate users
• Contains embedded training videos demonstrating all the basic tools needed to start using SOLIDWORKS
• Will prepare you for the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate Exam
• Includes a chapter introducing you to 3D printing
• This edition features a fully revised section on the CSWA exam, a sample CSWA exam, and more homework problems
SOLIDWORKS 2017 Tutorial with video instruction is written to assist students, designers, engineers and professionals who are new to SOLIDWORKS. The text provides a step-by-step project based learning approach. It also contains information and examples on the five categories, to take and understand the Certified Associate - Mechanical Design (CSWA) exam.
The book combines the fundamentals of engineering graphics and dimensioning practices with a step-by-step project based approach to learning SOLIDWORKS.
The book is divided into three sections. Chapters 1 - 6 explore the SOLIDWORKS User Interface and CommandManager, Document and System properties, simple machine parts, simple and complex assemblies, proper design intent, design tables, configurations, equations, multi-sheet, multi-view drawings, BOMs, and Revision tables using basic and advanced features.
Chapters 7 - 10 prepare you for the Certified Associate - Mechanical Design (CSWA) exam. The certification indicates a foundation in and apprentice knowledge of 3D CAD and engineering practices and principles.
View Chapter 11 on Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) and its benefits and features. Understand the terms and technology used in low cost 3D printers.
Follow the step-by-step instructions and develop multiple assemblies that combine over 100 extruded machined parts and components. Formulate the skills to create, modify and edit sketches and solid features.
Learn the techniques to reuse features, parts and assemblies through symmetry, patterns, copied components, apply proper design intent, design tables and configurations. Learn by doing, not just by reading.
Desired outcomes and usage competencies are listed for each chapter. Know your objective up front. Follow the steps in each chapter to achieve your design goals.
Work between multiple documents, features, commands, custom properties and document properties that represent how engineers and designers utilize SOLIDWORKS in industry.
View the embedded videos in the book to enhance your learning experience. The videos cover the following topics:
• Start a SOLIDWORKS 2017 session
• Understand the SOLIDWORKS 2017 Interface
• Create 2D Sketching, Sketch Planes and use Sketch tools
• Create 3D Features and apply Design Intent
• Create an Assembly
• Create fundamental Drawings Part 1 & Part 2
Table of Contents
1. Overview of SOLIDWORKS and the User Interface
2. Parts and Assembly Creation
3. Front Support Assembly
4. Fundamentals of Drawing
5. Advanced Features
6. Pneumatic Test Module and Final Robot Assembly
7. CSWA Introduction and Drafting Competencies
8. CSWA Basic & Intermediate Part Creation and Modification
9. CSWA Advanced Part Creation and Modification
10. CSWA Assembly Creation and Modification
11. Additive Manufacturing - 3D Printing