Step-By-Step Painting Instructions
In Creating Texture with Watercolor & YUPO Synthetic Paper, you'll learn how to achieve amazing effects in your art with 20 fun and simple demonstrations and over 60 color illustrations.
* Design texture with watercolors and plastic wrap
* Special effects with two pieces of paper
* Lifting and applying paint
* Create texture and color with cheesecloth
* Using resists on synthetic paper
* Blotting, sanding and negative shapes
* Dropping in texture
* Great ideas for painting with watercolor
What is Synthetic Paper?
Synthetic paper is smooth and does not absorb paint like traditional watercolor paper. Instead, as the water evaporates, the pigment dries on the paper. Opaque synthetic paper is bright white, which makes the paint colors appear even more intense. The paper is also available among art supplies in a translucent form and in varying weights.
Have Fun Painting!
Using the painting demos in Creating Texture with Watercolor and YUPO Synthetic Paper, you can experiment with synthetic paper and discover new ways to achieve textures and special effects. Painting with different art supplies on synthetic paper is a great way to loosen up, expand your painting experiences and have fun!