Two leaders in pregnancy yoga share useful yoga techniques to guide expectant mothers from bump to birth and beyond
Authoritative yet thoroughly accessible, this user-friendly book provides yoga techniques for pregnancy and beyond, helping expectant mothers to deal with all the physical and emotional changes you experience along the way.
Authors Tara Lee and Mary Attwood—both leaders in the field—explain the important fundamentals of pregnancy yoga, such as:
• Using breathwork to relax your body and reduce stress
• Guided meditations and visualizations to help you feel calm and positive
• Illustrated step-by-step routines to energize you and relieve muscle tension and pain
• Beneficial postures for a range of common pregnancy-related conditions, including back pain, breathlessness, and swollen ankles
• Advice on preparing for labor and childbirth
• Post-natal exercises to get you back in shape and energized as a new mother
Most importantly, Tara and Mary emphasize how every woman can take charge of her whole self to ensure a happy and healthy pregnancy and birth. The foreword by internationally celebrated Dr Gowri Motha, creator of the Gentle Birth Method, reinforces the message that pregnancy and childbirth is a positive experience to cherish and enjoy.