Gender and Power in Britain 1640-1990
By Susan Kingsley Kent
- Release Date - Published: 2002-01-04
- Book Genre: History
- Author: Susan Kingsley Kent
Gender and Power in Britain 1640-1990 Susan Kingsley Kent read online review & book description:
Gender and Power in Britain is an original and exciting history of Britain from the early modern period to the present focusing on the interaction of gender and power in political, social, cultural and economic life. Using a chronological framework, the book examines:
* the roles, responsibilities and identities of men and women
* how power relationships were established within various gender systems
* how women and men reacted to the institutions, laws, customs, beliefs and practices that constituted their various worlds
* class, racial and ethnic considerations
* the role of empire in the development of British institutions and identities
* the civil war
* twentieth century suffrage
* the world wars * industrialisation
* Victorian morality.
@2019 – Go Read a Book. All Right Reserved. goreadabook.org is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners, to earn advertising fees by linking and advertising to amazon.com and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program; As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gender and Power in Britain 1640-1990 book review Gender and Power in Britain 1640-1990 ePUB; Susan Kingsley Kent; History books.
Post a review about this book