August 9, 1909, the Fort Stockton Irrigated Land Company filed for record with the County Clerk of Pecos County, Texas, a plat of Block No. One, a subdivision of certain sections of land in Pecos County, Texas. The dedicatory certificate on the plat stated "the Fort Stockton Irrigated Land Company (is) the proprietor of the above described and platted lands." This plat subdivided various sections of land into tracts of approximately 10 acres each and running east and west there were shown roads platted and dedicated so that there was a road between every other tract. By proper deeds of conveyance the petitioner Adams (one of the defendants below) became the owner of four of these tracts lying north of a 30 foot road shown on this plat, and the respondent Rowles became the owner of the tracts lying immediately south of such 30 foot road. The deeds of conveyance of each party specifically referred to the plat.