Colorful illustrations enhance this guided tour inside America's 50 State Quarters®.
Discover each coin's epic histories that span the revolutionary era to modern space exploration. Whose tie-breaking vote impacted adoption of the Declaration of Independence? Why are some Wisconsin State Quarters worth hundreds of dollars? What State Quarter is currently on a 3-billion-mile journey across the solar system? (The surprising answers are right on the money.)
Important events, legendary people, and natural wonders are examined close-up. Large, enhanced images reveal the coin art details you've been missing. Collectors of all ages will enjoy this treasure trove of insights into their favorite pocket change. Award-winning author/designer Garrett Burke, concept designer of the California State Quarter, goes inside these cherished keepsakes.
• State Quarter series analysis, state histories, important dates and mintages.
• Examines the coin mottos "LIBERTY," "IN GOD WE TRUST," "E PLURIBUS UNUM," mint marks and more.
• Deciphers the Braille reading code seen atop Alabama's State Quarter.
• Goes behind the scenes of California's State Quarter creation. Reveals Garrett's original sketchbook, submissions and government selection, minting and coin launch event.
• Includes the D.C. & United States Territories Quarters.
"Quarterama" is the essential book that completes your State Quarter collection.