The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
With CliffsNotes on Invisible Man, you accompany a young black man in Harlem during his process of self-discovery and individuality. Through a difficult passage into manhood, author Ralph Ellison writes of the alienation of humans in everyday life, yet remains whole and optimistic.
This concise supplement to Ellison's Invisible Man helps you understand the overall structure of the novel, actions and motivations of the characters, and the social and cultural perspectives of the author. In addition to chapter-by chapter summaries and commentaries, other features include
• Character analyses of major players
• A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
• Critical essays on the novel's symbolism and setting, profiles of leadership, and more
• A review section that tests your knowledge
• Background of the author, including career highlights and literary influences
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.