Since its original publication, Competence Assessment Tools for Health-System Pharmacies has continued to meet the changing needs of pharmacy directors and their staff. Designed as a complete human resource competence assessment program, this benchmark resource ensures pharmacy compliance with the competence assessment standards of The Joint CommissionTM, other accrediting organizations, and the CMS Conditions of Participation.
Newly updated and expanded, Competence Assessment Tools for Health-System Pharmacies provides practical tools to assess and document an employee’s ability to perform assigned duties and meet the human resource requirements of CMS, The Joint Commission, and other accrediting organizations. Save time and increase efficiency with this essential tool that supplements and reinforces staff knowledge in key competency areas.
New to the Fifth Edition:
- Enhanced companion website that allows you to easily adapt many of the forms included in the book for your own practice including the job descriptions and orientation record.
- Updated resources for customizing job descriptions, including job description, competence assessment summary, and performance evaluation templates for a Pharmacy Purchasing Technician.
- Inclusion of a study guide for the emergency management chapter.
- New competencies on Medication Dosing in Patients with Hepatic Dysfunction, Pharmacokinetics: Aminoglycosides; Parenteral Anticoagulant Therapy; Oral Anticoagulant Therapy; and Compounding Non-Sterile Preparations
- A new set of four competencies specifically devoted to pharmacy technicians. Also included, for the first time, is a crosswalk of all competencies which indicates which competencies are for use only with pharmacists, only with pharmacy technicians, or appropriate for both.
- A new chapter on Educating the Pharmacy Staff.
- New test questions in many chapters including use of a patient case report format for tests in the clinically-oriented chapters.